Favorite Anime: Noragami

Favorite Anime: Noragami

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Noragami: Yato and Bishamon's Relationship



These two started out as clearly misunderstood and idiotic. No other explanation is required. In the anime, it really annoyed me that Bishamon was portrayed in such a negative light when we saw her differently in the manga, but now we know that the next season explains Bishamon's and Yato's relationship, so we're all good. But...I've across people who still really dislike Bishamon. Why would you do that? Here are the reasons why, you shall see them in my review on their relationship.


We were introduced to their relationship in pretty much the most confusing way possible. Her first interaction with him that we see and woah, why is she trying to kill him? Although, we get it quick enough. So fine, it has been justified, she has every right to want to try and kill him because he killed her Shinki, duh. But...that still doesn't explain anything.


And then Kazuma so kindly explains to us when Yato and Yukine have gone to kill Bishamon because they think that she's kidnapped Hiyori. In the end, it was all one big misunderstanding and they should just back off and yell at Kazuma instead. Wait, why would you even do that to the poor kid. OK, so maybe Bishamon had no right to try and kill Yato? But then Yato had no right to try and kill her because Hiyori was captured by someone else in the first place!


Needless, to say, even after everything is cleared and the shinki and everyone else are getting along, it is not getting any better for these two. I mean, not much changes, aside from the facts that this time, the shinki aren't getting involved. I mean, you don't go from being enemies for a couple of centuries to besties the next, definitely not in their case.


I think we all agree that Yato went over board just to shut her up and he definitely didn't make matters any better, if anything, I think he made matters worse by making even Kazuma sort of pissed off. Ridiculous, but how else do you expect drunk people to act? But in a way, after she beats him up for this, I think she's vented out quite enough. I think it also smooths things out and well, it calms things down in it's own way.


But I really think in it's own warped way, our Yato has finally gotten even Bishamon to warm up to him. I mean, who goes down into the underworld just to save some acquaintance you tried to kill a couple of months ago? I know I wouldn't. She fights full on even though she knows that it's most likely a losing battle and she does everything she can to take Yato back with her from the underworld. Let me just say, she has guts to fight Izanami like that.


Oh! And she let's Yato stay in her house after she rescues him. But no matter how chummy everyone around them gets, they forever will be idiots who really can't stand each other's presences because their personalities clash too much!


9 comments:

  1. I love your website so much. I kinda ship this both lol

    -Ivy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! Hi, wow, I didn't see this comment. Hehe, thanks for loving this blog, it makes me so happy! And well, who doesn't see the chemistry between these two?

      Delete
    2. Yo bruh , was just searching for it litterily after 5 year's out of nowhere in the middle of the night , your blog is amazing and Yeah I still support Bishamon x Yato , hope you doing fine

      Delete
  2. Loving how you summed up all that i wanted to say about my two fave characters.

    to dislike/hate bishamon after the misunderstandings cleared up is unreasonable. i liked her the first time she was introduced.

    and yeah agree much on the chemistry, i wouldve ship them so hard if not for cutie kazuma <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yato and bishamon should be come a couple cuz they be cute I hope they end up in a relationship

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah,I still hate Kazuma and Bishamon.After Yato help them,they spent many years hurting him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Bishamon and Yato will end up together!!!!

    ReplyDelete